Friday, August 3, 2012

Little girls and New York

Hello there

Well we are back from New York and all the associated activities.  As I think I said last week my brother from Atlanta stopped by with his wife and granddaughter for the night on his way to NY.  The 67th Annual picnic takes place on Long Island and the picnic was fine but it did rain like the dickens.  We still had a good time.

My cousin, for whom I made the tie quilt, was there and he was looking good.  He suffered a stroke a while ago and this was the first time I saw him.  He looked good and he seemed to like the quilt.

My brother's granddaughter, Breanna and my newest grand-nephew seemed to hit it off pretty well -
They are both cutie's. 

I was lucky enough to have Breanna come home with us for a few days and it was a lot of fun.  On the way we stopped in Staten Island, NY and took the ferry to Manhattan.  She saw the Statue of Liberty, the Manhattan skyline, Ellis Island and we walked up to Ground Zero.  She has never been to NY before and it was fun to see her trying to get pictures of everything.  When we got back to Washington, DC (we live right outside of DC) we took her to the Zoo.  What fun looking at it through younger eyes.
Look at the lovely pink of these Flamingoes.  They were beautiful.
Then look how nicely this guy posed for me.

Breanna loved the bracelet I made following directions from Susan who has Plays with Needles.  Susan made something similar and I loved it and made my own. 


Mine is a 5 wrap bracelet, but since Bre is kind of little, she decided on a 2-wrap bracelet and then she made one for her friend.


She did a really nice job on them.  It was fun having her visit and I hope she will come again.

I think I will go and work on my tree skirt so I have something for WISP Wednesday.

Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Way to Go Maureen and Breanna!!! Love love LOVE the bracelets, the pink flamingos AND the Giant Panda! You guys look like you had a great time together...a perfect match. Glad to hear that your brother's visit went well and the reunion too. We're heading to Maine on Saturday to see what kind of trouble we can get in. Sounds like you really showed her all the good stuff in New York. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete