Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February return

Hello there -

It has been quite sometime since I have been here as you can see.  I wish I could say that I have been doing exciting things or going wonderful places but, alas, I have not.  I have just been trying to survive January.  Now that we are into February, I think things might be looking up some what.  I wish the temperature, early in the day, would go above freezing so  the pool could open again.  I am pretty sure that will happen soon.

A couple of years ago I decided I was going to make a block for each month with special significance to me.  I mentioned this at my CQ group and someone suggested I make an individual block for each month and change the month.  I thought this a great idea and have a small shadow box hanging in my kitchen to hold each month.  Unfortunately, I only completed 3 months so I don't change them often.  I am now determined to finish these and that is what I am working on now, in addition to my tree skirt of course.

So, here is a picture of the one I am making now.  It is July.  This is the beginning stage so I will show the beginning and then the end.  There hasn't been any rhyme or reason to which month I work on but now I am going to try and work in order.


Each month has a fairy and July's fairy is The Honeysuckle Fairy.  Next I will show the other two months and the shadow box.

Take care.. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear auntie ...love the month blocks...perhaps when you have some spare time you could make me a set....can't bl
    ame me for trying! love you!'

    ReplyDelete