Friday, June 22, 2012

Introduction

Well hello there and welcome to my blog!!

I never thought I would have a blog but you know the expression "Never say never".  So here I am.  Why am I doing this?  I wonder that myself.  The main reason right now is because I have joined a challenge with Sharon Boggons to post my WIP (work in progress) every Wednesday.  I think this is the only way I will keep working on this project and finish in a reasonable time.

A little background on the project.  Last year, I was extremely lucky to be able to attend and participate in the CQ Adventure in Connecticut, USA organized by Maureen Greeson.  It was a wonderful event.  The teachers were Sharon Boggons, Allie Aller and Betty Pillsbury, it doesn't get much better than that except then I was able to attend 3 additional days with Sharon.  Being totally unrealistic, I thought I would complete a Christmas tree skirt at this event.  I made 6 panels (actually pie shaped) for each of the sessions following the suggestions of the teachers.  Well I didn't get to work on it hardly at all, but had a wonderful time any way.  So since these blocks were already pieced, I thought I would continue (after thinking about it for many months) and make this tree skirt for my special Christmas tree which is filled with handmade ornaments.  I am using stitches and techniques I learned at the Adventure as well as motifs from the fabulous Motif Swap held at this same event.

That is probably more information than you needed but there it is.  I have been working on different blocks and changing around whenever I feel a little stuck on one.  I will post a picture of each of the 6 blocks as they are today.  There is one block that is mostly blank and I will talk about that one at another time.  I should add a disclaimer that I am not a very good photographer so it might be a little hard to see what I have posted.

Thank you for reading all the way through this first post and hopefully you will want to check back a time or two to see if I make any progress.








Have a great day!

Maureen









3 comments:

  1. Woohooo!!!!! I am THRILLED to see you here on the blogosphere. Now I'll know exactly what you're up to...Can't wait to see this little skirt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Now I am in trouble - lol! I'm doing my best to finish at least 2 projects before starting another one, and your lovely tree skirt has me itching to make one too! I love your work. On the Star of Wonder block, did you use the sequin waste for the Christmas tree? It's gorgeous! And thank you for the mention of Sharon Boggon's Work in Progress Wednesday. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    -Renee
    http://monkeyandmutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maureen, I have so much enjoyed reading your blog. We obviously like much the same things.Fancy being inspired to start a blog by Sharon Boggon. I have met Sharon, about 8 years ago at a Crazy Quilt Retreat in Canberra, organised by our "Southerncrosscrazies" online group. And I am lucky to have taken part in a Round Robin with her, and have a lovely cushion featuring some of her work.
    About the fairies, the small cushion is actually a fairy fabric, the large cushion has a woven silk print (Cash's) that came from a card I bought specially, and the last one - which went to the Netherlands - I confess I got from Google Images. I admit I do not know if it is copyright, but as it was just one and for more-or-less personal use, I do not think it mattered.
    Do feel free to email me at
    devonhouse@ni.net.nf

    ReplyDelete