Thursday, February 7, 2013

More bracelets (old news)

Hello there

This will be my last post about my trip to New Mexico but I wanted to share this.  I have two good female friends that live in New Mexico and I wanted to have a bracelet for each of them when I went out there.  I also wanted to make a bracelet for me.  You saw the first bracelet I made



This was for my friend in Albuquerque.  It is made with clear quartz, malachite and little silver bits.
The bracelet I wanted to make for myself was with moonstones (which I love) and I wanted it sparkly so I used crystals.  It was fun to make and I think it came out pretty well.  I wanted to use a moon button but I didn't seem to have any.  I collect buttons and have for years.  I am particularly fond of moon anything so I would assume I would have some moon buttons, alas, I did not.  I like the button I chose to use and can't decide if I will continue to use it or search out a moon button.  Here is a picture.  I wish you could see how much it sparkles in the sun.


For my friend in Santa Fe, whose birthstone is turquoise, I made a turquoise and silver bracelet.  I was very pleased with how this came out.  The best thing of all is that my friend is now interested in making these bracelets.  I have been trying for years to get her interested in doing something like this that we could have in common and finally she seems interested in this.  She doesn't have as much time as I do.  She still works full time and her time is limited, but she seems to be enjoying making the bracelets..  It was fun bead shopping with her.




Well all good things come to an end and our trip to New Mexico has faded into the sunset (New Mexico sunsets are spectacular).

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment